love'n life

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Well...I found myself a job. I don't know if I should feel happy or sad. It's not the fact that I have to go to work everyday....it's the fact I have to drive in Hawaii traffic. I HATE IT!!!!! Traffic here is just un-real. I leave for work at 6:40am and arrive at work around 8am. The drive home is even worse. I leave work at 5pm and I finally pull in the driveway around 6:30pm. H1...just 1 of Hawaii's interstates...which is really stupid because it doesn't connect with any state but Hawaii...has 6 lanes. If you happen to make it over 20 mph, your doing great! H2...you may get up to the speed limit...which is 55mph. Not to mention my job is down town Honolulu. Don't be surprised if you have to sit through a red light 3 to 4 times before moving through it. Oh Ya!!! don't forget the city buses! If they have a blinker on to move to your lane...they are coming regardless of the space.....they will run right over the top of you! I have a total of 28.9 miles to go to work. So, if ya want a 12 hour job and only get paid for 8 hours...just move to Hawaii. HA! HA! Now parking is another story. Everywhere charges for your parking and there isn't a lot of parking. Thank goodness this company has a garage but they still charge ya. Lets see, gas..to and from work...parking fees...hope I get a paycheck! ha! ha!

Anyway, I do like my job. I work in the accounting department. Right now I am doing accounts payable. Keeps me very busy! After I get the hang of that they are going to move me to recievables and eventually to the payroll. They like to have everyone in the accounting department know all 3 jobs because there are only 4 of us and if someone takes time off....someone has to cover the spot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you found a job and I hope you like it :) It will keep ya busy until you can come back to MO :)

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home