love'n life

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Yep, more diving pictures. I love taking pictures while diving and I'm actually getting better at it. Now if I can just afford a digital camera for underwater. They are so expensive so for now I'll just keep using my cheap camera. It takes good pictures though. This is a sea urchin. They are cool looking but you do not want to touch them. From what I am told, thier little spins dig under your skin and are very painful. Have a friend who touched one with her finger and she paid for doing that for almost a month. Had to dig the spine out and take medicine for the infection it caused. Don't think she'll be touching any more. This is a Parrotfish or as the locals say ... Uhu. They are soooo good but my favorite is the Popio. There are so many different Parrotfish but this is the only one I have tried. The guys on our dive speared these fish. We went to a place out of Hickam Air Base called the diner. Didn't seem fair to me because these fish were already in someone's trap and these guys were shooting them. After the dive I was told it was an illegal trap to begin with and that the guys who put it there only checked it once a week when it is suppose to be checked daily. Didn't feel so bad then. After cooking the fish and eating them.....I wanted to go back and get some more!
Then this of course is coral. Underwater this is just awesome. All the different fish that swim around in it and feed off of coral.
Tomorrow morning we are doing a boat dive so I'm sure I'll have more pictures soon to post on here. If you ever get the chance to go scuba diving...you must go. It is just awesome what you will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home