love'n life

Monday, September 04, 2006

This is a sub coming into Hickam Airforce Base. It was awesome to watch this sub come in to port. We were at our dive club preparing for a boat dive and had to stop everything to watch this sub come in. Perfect day for diving. The water was as smooth as a lake. Everyone kept saying something was wrong....we had to go back in and wait for surg or wind to kick up. NO WAY!!! We went diving.
Lobster season opened up September 1st and we all wanted to go get some lobster. Needless to say we didn't find any on this day. We did see a couple of white tip sharks out swimming around. It was so cool because me and another diver, Jerry, got within a foot of these sharks. They are not an aggressive shark so I wasn't too worried. Was my first time seeing them outside a cave.





On our 2nd dive, no lobster, sucks. We did get one taco (octopus). It was a good size one. We are planning on smoking it. The locals say that is the best way to cook them up. They also make what they call taco poki with them. I don't really care for that but everyone else seems to love the stuff. Too fishy for me.

On our safety stop before ending our 2nd dive, I'm hanging around the rope with the fish and taco that have been caught, look down towards the bottom and see a hammerhead. These sharks make me very nervous. Wanted to get out right then but couldn't because I still had 2 minutes to go for deco. This hammerhead swam below me for some time. Only thing I could think of was..here I am hanging by a bunch of dead fish. I moved to the other side of the boat just in case. The hammerhead stayed below me the entire time. I ws ready to get out before he realized that our catch was just above him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home