love'n life

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yesterday was my birthday. Started out as a normal day. I went to work and come time to go home....OH! MY! GOSH! Traffic was absolutely horrible! A military truck carrying a crane on it had hit an overpass on H1. Now, this freeway usually has 6 lanes on a regular day packed with cars. To make matters worse they cut it down to 2 lanes and then to 1 lane. They were telling people to stay in town or go around the island. Too late...I was already in the middle of all the crap. Great. I called Kenny to see if he knew of any alternate routes I could take to get home. There really aren't any. After sitting in traffic for about 3 hours, the radio station said that it was grid-lock around the entire island. If you happened to be stuck in traffic...you were stuck. People were pulling off to the side and parking, trying to wait it out. I just wanted to get home. I was surprised that everyone stuck in this mess was actually being nice..no cutting people off, no road rage. I leave work at 5pm. I did not get home last night until after midnight! Thats over 7 hours!!!! on what is suppose to be a freeway! I could have drove around this island about 12 times and never take that long! Traffic permitting of course. First thing I did when I finally got home was run to the bathroom. I was so stressed, tired and hungry. Felt like I had just run a marathon. My whole body ached. Needless to say...I did not go to work today. When I called, I was told that no-one in the accounting department was going to be there today. Hawaii really needs to come up with a solution for the freeway problems. I really hate driving here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home